The Obstetrics & Gynaecology department is one of the busiest tertiary maternity centre in the city and the number of deleveries exceeds 7000 per year. A large number of these patients are underprivileged and have limited resources to avail of quality health care which is beyond the reach of a common man. Many of the referred cases are complicated high risk pregnancies and the department is well equipped to handle such cases along with the neonatal intensive care unit attached to the department.
Gynaecology clinics are conducted every day except Sundays by the senior residents and consultants. Facilities for special consultations are available every day morning and evening. There is an Antenatal clinic in the hospital for pregnant women which are conducted every day except Sundays. Special high risk pregnancy clinics are held once a week by medical specialists.
- Daily general antenatal clinics
- Special high risk clinics running weekly to cater to highly complicated pregnancies.
- Specialists' clinic (Pvt OPD) available daily morning and evening.
- Daily Clinics attending to gynaecological problems.
- Weekly HRT Clinics to focus on problems of post menopausal women.
- Round the clock emergency services to attend to any obstetric or gynaecological emergency.
Labour and Delivery
- Well Staffed and fully equipped labour room with facilities of electonic fetal heart monitoring during labour.
- Facility of painless delivery using epidural analgesia.
- Excellent neonatal care back up with fully equipped neonatal intensive care unit.
- Fully equipped operation theatres.
- All major and minor gynaecological surgeries.
- Laparoscopic and hysteroscopy gynaecological surgeries.
- Facility of thermal ablation.
- Excellent post op care and ICU back up.
- 24hrs supporting blood bank facility with availability of blood and blood components.
Foetal Medicine Unit (RFM Unit)
Facilities available at the centre.
1. Basic and advanced infertility investigations of infertility couple
- Hysteroscopy, Laparoscopy
- Hormonal Assays
- Follicular Studies
- IUI-Intrauterine insemination
- IVF-In Vitro Fertilization
- ICSI-Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
- Sperm and Embryo Freezing.
2. Foetal Studies
- Foetal Unltrasound Scanning Basi, Level II, Foetal Echo and dopplar
- Amniocentesis, CVS
3. Gynecological Scanning, Ultrasound Guided Cyst Aspirations
Gynaecology Oncology Services
Pap's smear facilities and colposcopic procedures which help in the early detection of genital tract malignancies.
Family Welfare Programmes
- Free tubal ligations including laparoscopic ligations.
- Vasectomics - no scalpel, no stitch technique.
- Insertion of IUCDs and Other contraceptive advice
Community Outreach Programme
Conducting regular antenatal and gynae clinics at community health centre.
The department is recognised by Delhi University to train 2 candidates every year for DGO and 5 candidates for the DNB Examination of the National Board.