Auto rickshaw and public transport drivers are crucial workforce moving on the roads of Delhi/NCR. They are exposed to hazards of pollution, accidents and stress. They have a hectic schedule and find very little time to look-after their own health. Their health is important for themselves as well as for other users of the road.
The Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL) had recognized its responsibility towards them and had initiated an innovative health check-up cum health education programme, in collaboration with St. Stephen’s Hospital, Delhi in 2013. Based on the findings of this programme, IGL continued and expanded it in 2015 with help of Community Health Dept. St. Stephen’s Hospital. The project was named Swasth Sarthi, which is continuing till date.
- Reach out through minimum 150 Swasth Saarthi Health Check-up and Health Education Camps at the selected IGL Gas filling Stations in one year and to carryout blood tests, eye check-up and dispense glasses to those who need it.
- To hold NCD Clinics 90 in a year, at 11 identified Gas stations and to carryout blood tests and prescribe anti-hypertensive as well as anti-diabetic medicines.
- To get de-addiction centre activities started at these NCD Clinics and help a minimum of 15 cases in a year.
- To refer and get cataract surgeries done for 25-30 patients at St. Stephen’s Hospital.
- To run a campaign for Health Education for promoting healthy behavior, stress management and safety related information.
- To manage and update the Health Management Information System for the Auto drivers.
Services provided in Camps
- Registration in HMIS
- Height, weight and BMI measurement
- Blood pressure measurement
- Vision and Eye check-up
- Blood Testing
- Medical Check-up and counseling
- Spectacle distribution
- Dispensing the medicines
- Health Education and First Aid training