Recognition of St. Stephen's Hospital's Leaders
The work of St. Stephen's Hospital has been led by persons with dedication and Christ-like compassion. Many of its leaders have been recognised with prestigious awards.
- Jenny Muller, the first full-time doctor of St. Stephen's Hospital who joined in 1891 was awarded the Kaiser-i-Hind by the Government in 1914.
- Charlotte Houlton, MS between 1927 and 1933, awarded Kaiser-i-Hind by King George VI. She was then awarded the Coronation Medal of 1937 and was further appointed a Commander of the British Empire in 1939.
- Agnes Scott was awarded the Kaiser-i-Hind medal by King Edward VIII.
- Alice Wilkinson, the Nursing Superintendent, was awarded the Kaiser-i-Hind medal.
- Eileen Morris was awarded the Kaiser-i-Hind in 1941; on her retirement and return to England, she was awarded the M.B.E. by the British Government.
- Lucy Oommen, the first Indian Director of the Hospital, who was a renowned Obstetrician, was awarded the Padmashree by the Government of India.
- The present Director, Dr. Sudhir Joseph, was awarded the Emmanuel Sundar Raj Lifetime Achievement Award from CMC, Vellore.
- John Punnose, Associate Director, was awarded the NBE's Tridecennial Awards for Recognition of Teachers in 2012.
- Prof. Dr. Aleyamma T. Kora, Nursing Superintendent, received the prestigious National Florence Nightingale Award from the President of India in the year 2017.
Recognition of St. Stephen's Hospital
Mission Convergence Award
The Government of NCT of Delhi recognized the contribution of St. Stephen's Hospital in the success of its Mission Convergence programme (which featured a survey of the homeless population of Delhi). The Award was presented by the President of India, Smt. Pratibha Patil.
NBE's Excellence in Post Graduate Teaching and Assessment Award
The Hospital was awarded the prestigious 'Excellence in Post Graduate Teaching and Assessment Award' by the National Board of Examinations for the high quality of post-graduate training imparted to DNB students for the last 24 years. The Hospital was selected from the 700 public and private medical institutions running DNB courses.
CII – Godrej GBC “National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2017”
St. Stephen's Hospital was awarded National Award for Excellence in Energy Management in the year 2017 by CII for the measures implemented by Smart Joules to improve energy efficiency.
German Energy Efficiency Award
The German Energy Agency (dena) awarded the Energy Efficiency Award 2018 in the “Energy Services and Management” category to Smart Joules Pvt. Ltd. and St Stephen’s Hospital. With the aid of the digital energy management system software developed by Smart Joules, it has been able to implement comprehensive energy efficiency measures, thereby achieving considerable savings in energy for St. Stephen's Hospital.