Reachable(8:30am- 4pm) at 011-23966021-27,Ext- 530(General OPD), 654(Pvt OPD)
The department of cardiology deals with diseases of the heart and aims at the prevention, recognition, and treatment of heart disease. We aim at providing comprehensive quality care to our patients, envisaging a healthier future for all our patients. Dedicated Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, skilled doctors on duty at all times along with professional, competent staff ensure the competent standard of care. We have 24x7 Emergency cardiac care services.
We regularly manage common heart diseases
- Heart attack/ दिल का दौरा- a sudden blockage in the heart’s blood flow
- Atrial fibrillation/एट्रीयल फ़िब्रिलेशन /हृदय की अनियमित धड़कन-type of irregular heart rhythm
- Arrhythmias/धड़कन की अनियमितता- irregular heart beat/ rhythm
- Coronary heart disease/ कॉरॉनेरी हार्ट डिज़ीज़ -a disease of the arteries that supply the heart
- High blood cholesterol and triglycerides/ कोलेस्ट्रॉल
- Ventricular tachycardia/वेंट्रिक्युलर टेकीकार्डिया
- Heart failure/ हार्ट फ़ेल्यर - wherein the heart fails to pump blood properly
- Valvular heart disease/ हृदय के वाल्व की दिक़्क़त
- this records the electrical activity of the heart.
- for recording heart rhythm while the person carries out exercise or their regular activities.
- done to see the changes of heart rhythm when resting and exercising.
- Is the ultrasound of the heart that shows the structure of the heart chambers and surrounding areas, and how well its functioning in real time. It can detect inflammation of the valves or around the heart (pericarditis) as well.
- Angiography is a procedure to see the heart's blood vessels.It is used to see if there is restriction in the blood flow going to the heart. In this a dye is injected in to the blood vessels of the heart which is visible by X-ray machine.
- is the procedure to open narrow or blocked heart arteries. This is done using a tiny balloon catheter. It is often combined with placement of a small wire mesh tube known as stent. This improves the symptoms of blocked arteries, such as shortness of breath and chest pain.
- a small tube is inserted in or near the heart collects data and may help relieve a blockage. To check the functioning of the heart and the electrical system.
- are used to treat congenital cardiac, valvular, and coronary artery diseases
- In this test, a catheter is threaded into a vein at the top of the leg. Guided under fluoroscopy, it makes its way to the heart. The catheter measures the electrical signals within the heart.This helps provide treatment for abnormal rhythms including cardiac ablation, implantable cardioverter defibrillators, or pacemakers.