Reachable(8:30am- 4pm) at 011-2396621-27,Ext- 681(General OPD), 690(Pvt OPD)
We at the Neurology department of St Stephens's Hospital are a team of highly trained Doctors, technical and nursing staff to ensure quality care.
We understand the urgency of immediate medical care required in emergency cases and its long term outcome and are committed to deliver the same.
We have Dedicated state of art Intensive care unit (ICU), High dependency Unit, Inpatient and Outpatient facility for patients with Neurological disorder.
We are academically and ethically driven and practice evidence based medicine and are adept at tailoring treatment to the requirements of the patient.
We are also a super speciality teaching department with DrNB (Doctorate of National Board) Neurology programme running successfully since 2018.
Our Dedicated Stroke Unit with Stroke Team handles stroke (brain attack) patients round the clock and offers IV thrombolysis (administering the clot busting drug) and thrombectomy (clot removal) in appropriate stroke patients within four and half hours of onset of symptoms.
Comprehensive treatment of all kinds of NEUROLOGICAL EMERGENCIES
- Brain attack/stroke/स्ट्रोक या मस्तिष्काघात
- Coma/ प्रगाढ़ बेहोशी/ निश्चेतावस्था
- Brain infection/ दिमाग़ का इन्फ़ेक्शन
- Encephalitis/मस्तिष्क की सूजन/मस्तिष्क कलाशोथ
- Guillain Bare Syndrome
- Myasthenic Crisis, etc.
- Follow up care of previously diagnosed and on treatment Neurology patients
- Headache/ सर दर्द
- Nerve pain/नसों का दर्द
- Myopathies/neuromuscular diseases/ मांसपेशी की कमजोरी
- Speech disorder/ वाक् शक्ति की कमजोरी
- Neuro degenerative disorders like Parkinsonism, Alzheimer’s, ALS(amyelotrophic lateral sclerosis)/ पर्किंसोनिस्म /अलजीमेर
- Movement disorders
- Demyelination disease like Multiple sclerosis
- Apart from routine patients with Neurological disorders, rare Neurological disorders are also treated appropriately
MINIMALLY INVASIVE PROCEDURES
- Cerebral Digital Substraction Angiography (DSA)
- Carotid stenting (angioplasty of neck vessel).
- Aneurysm coiling (treating abnormal ballooning/dilataion of cranial vessel).
- Appropriate treatment of other vascular malformations
TESTS in Neurology Laboratory
- Electroencephalopgraphy (EEG)
- Video EEG
- Nerve Conduction Study (NCS)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Visual Evoked Potential (VEP)
- Brainstem Audiometry Evoked Response(BAER)
- Transcranial Doppler (TCD)
- Bedside EEG monitoring for swiftly detecting cases of non-convulsive status epilepticus (NCSE)